Velocity is based at the heart of British Cycling at the National Cycling Centre close to the Etihad Stadium.
For 24 hours the Velodrome is taken over by MCFC with a host of activities on and off the track.
How to find us?
The National Cycling Centre is within walking distance of the Etihad Campus here in Manchester. Velocity will have full car parking signposted for participants and spectators. Please see the address below.
National Cycling Centre
Tel: 0161 223 2244
About the Velodrome
- Busiest Velodrome in the world
- Open from 8.00am to 10.00pm every day, excluding some Bank Holidays
- Home of British Cycling, the national governing body for the sport
- GB cycling team base including all support staff and athlete management
- Operated by The Velodrome Trust, a not for profit organisation. The Board of Directors of the Trust has representatives from Manchester City Council, Sport England and British Cycling
- Comprehensive track programme catering for all riders; novice to elite, school children to senior citizens from 9 years to 80 years, producing 45,000 rides per year, using 96 Velodrome hire bikes
- Jason Queally, Olympic Kilometre Champion in Sydney 2000, started his career as a track cyclist on one of the Velodrome’s taster sessions in 1996
- Home to the Eastlands Velo Cycling Club, created for local children and organized by local volunteers. The Club is oversubscribed and has three sessions per week on the track. Jason Kenny, Sprint & Team Sprint Olympic Gold medalist comes from Bolton and started track cycling on the Eastlands track sessions
- Hosts of three World Track Championships (1996, 2000 and 2008). GB track team won an unprecedented nine gold medals at the Championships in March 2008, a foretaste of the success enjoyed at the Beijing and London Olympics
- Venue for the UCI World Cup (qualifying rounds for the World Track Championships) every year since its inception until 2011
- Headline track events held each winter under the brand name, Revolution Series. Featuring top GB riders pitted against their continental rivals, the Series regularly attracts full houses and has substantially raised the profile of the sport and the athletes involved.
- Also the venue for non-cycling events
- Next door is the unique indoor BMX Centre. There is only one other indoor BMX Centre on this scale in the world and it adds another cycling discipline to the appeal of the site, and the future development of a multi discipline VeloPark.
|Match||Date||Time||Competition||Hospitality prices from (ex.vat)||Ticket|
|v Arsenal||08/05/2016||16:00 BST||Barclays Premier League||£249||Buy|