City v United: Important info for fans
- 26 April 2012 11:34
- Posted by Tim Oscroft/Leonie Brown
The excitement is rising ahead of next Monday's Manchester derby, and we have some important information for supporters who will be coming to this crucial game.
All tickets for the derby sold out weeks ago, and those lucky enough to be attending should consider the following points:
- No upgrades or duplicate tickets will be issued on the day.
- Supporters should call the Supporter Services team on 0161 444 1894 (option 1) in advance of the day if there are any questions or concerns around their ticket.
- Get here early to avoid queuing if you need to visit the Ticket Office or to collect tickets. We cannot guarantee access to the Stadium if you have not collected your tickets within one hour of kick-off, which is at 8pm.
There will be no access to the stadium for City fans via Gate 7 on Ashton New Road. Fans wanting to access the stadium in that area should use Gates 9,10 or 11.
We would encourage fans where possible to arrive as early as possible and to be in their seats well ahead of the match starting.
After the game there will be alterations to the usual traffic flow around the stadium, please be aware that it will probably take longer than normal to get out of the car parks and away from the area. Click here to see a street map of around the Etihad Stadium.
At the request of GMP, Ashton New Road will be closed to traffic for longer than normal after the match between Councillor Street and Alan Turning Way. As a result, supporters parked in car parks 6A, 6B or perimeter bays will be asked to exit the site via an alternative route as detailed below. All vehicles are advised to enter via their usual gate.
- Cars parked in perimeter bays 30-55 and N29-N56 will be directed to exit via the East car park onto Alan Turing Way.
- Cars parked in 6A/B, perimeter bays 1-29 and N1-N28 will exit via gate 11 and be directed right into Rowsley Street.
- Supporters leaving via Rowsley Street are advised to make their way to Bradford Road via either New Viaduct Street or Philips Park Road and Cambrian Street depending on direction of travel.
- Alternatively, supporters may access Ashton New Road heading towards Great Ancoats Street via Phillips Park Road and Hillkirk Street.
It's sure to be a fantastic occasion - please Respect The Badge and enjoy the match.