Eat Like a Player
- 07 February 2011 13:32
- Posted by David Clayton
Want to eat like a City player? Want to replicate the pre and post-match meals Carlos Tevez and Joe Hart enjoy?
Well, here’s your chance. Thanks to our talented chefs over at Carrington, we’re now giving supporters the chance to eat the same food as the City squad eat.
It’s healthy, nutritious and simple – though one thing we would ask of our younger supporters – make sure it’s an adult doing the cooking!
No.1: Char-grilled chicken with pasta
400g penne pasta
4 chicken supremes (marinade in a little olive oil, lemon juice and salt & pepper)
2 peeled carrots cut into thin batons
1 peeled and sliced red onion
50g toasted pine kernels
1 punnet of halved cherry tomatoes
12 torn basil leaves
- Char-grill chicken on griddle and finish in oven for approximately 10 minutes at 175c
- While your chicken is in the oven, cook pasta in salted boiling water for 8 to 10 mins and strain
- Combine peas, carrots, onion, tomato and basil, add a little olive oil, basil and season
- When your chicken is cooked, cut into strips and add to the vegetables
- Finally add pasta and gently combine to the above
- Finish with pine kernels and parmesan cheese shavings
Favourite dish of: Gunnar Nielsen