City at Glastonbury: Players’ hometown festivals
- Wed 22 Jun 2011, 12:23PM
- Posted by Chris Nield
A look at some of the upcoming summer music festivals where members of the City team come from.
Sonisphere 2011 – Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari, Italy
- Line-up: Iron Maiden, Slipknot, My Chemical Romance, Linkin Park
- Full line-up and ticket info: http://it.sonispherefestivals.com/
Not strictly in his hometown, but if Mario Balotelli wanted to ROCK, this heavy metal festival takes place at a racetrack in Imola, a good 12 hour drive from Mario's hometown of Palermo.
Main Square Festival 2011 – Arras, France
- Line-up: Arcade Fire, Moby, Coldplay, The Chemical Brothers
- Full line-up and ticket info: http://www.mainsquarefestival.fr/2011/en/
Although being born in Senegal, this festival would only be a short two hour drive from Paris for the likes of Patrick Vieira .
Melt! Festival 2011 – Ferropolis, Germany
- Line-up: Pulp, Editors, The Streets, White Lies
- Full line-up and ticket info: http://www.meltfestival.de/en
Jerome Boateng's home city of Berlin is just an hour and a half drive away from this up and coming festival although we're not too sure our German defender is much of a rock fan!
Lowlands Festival 2011 - Evenemententerrein, Hellendoorn, Netherlands
- Line-up: Arctic Monkeys, Interpol, Elbow, Beady Eye
- Full line-up and ticket info: http://www.lowlands.nl/
A short drive east from Nigel De Jong's home city of Amsterdam would get you to the picturesque town of Helloendoorn and this ace festival.
Exit Festival 2011 - Petrovaradin Fortress, Novi Sad, Serbia
- Line-up: Arcade Fire, Pulp, Editors, Portishead
- Full line-up and ticket info: http://eng.exitfest.org/
A short trip north from Aleks Kolarov's hometown of Belgrade and you'd be at Serbia's biggest music event of the year.
Festival Internacional de Benicassim 2011 - Benicàssim, Spain
- Line-up: The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Arcade Fire, The Streets
- Full line-up and ticket info: http://fiberfib.com/
The biggest festival in Spain attracts thousands of music fans each year from all around the world although David Silva would need to fly over to the mainland from the island of Gran Canaria to join in the fun.