Eat like a player: Sirloin steak and mushroom stroganoff
- 08 February 2012 09:59
- Posted by David Clayton
Ever wanted to eat like a City player? Well now you can, with the Carrington City chefs revealing some of their secret recipes so everyone can enjoy the food the players are served after training.
The food is generally low fat and high in nutrients - as well as being quick and easy to prepare.
Here's the latest in our series - a favourite meal of Vincent Kompany... let us know on our official Facebook or Twitter pages if you give the meals a try, plus any twists you add!
Sirloin steak with mushroom stroganoff
· 4 x 200g sirloin steaks
· 300g chestnut mushrooms (sliced)
· 1 teaspoon paprika
· 250ml soured cream
· 2 shallots (finely diced)
· 3 teaspoon brandy
· 1 clove crushed garlic
· Juice of 1 lemon
· 12 vine cherry tomatoes
· 240g brown basmati rice
Method to ma ke stroganoff:
· Heat a little olive oil in a saucepan.
· Add chopped shallots and garlic and cook until soft.
· Add sliced mushrooms and fry for a further minute.
· Add the brandy and flame.
· Add the soured cream and lemon juice and cook for 3 minutes.
· Season with salt and pepper.
Prepare sirloin steak:
· Chargrill sirloin steak to your preferred cooking level: rare 2 minutes each side, medium 4 minutes each side, well done 6 minutes each side.
· Allow the steaks to rest for a few minutes.
To build the dish:
· Top the steak with the mushroom stroganoff and serve with cooked brown basmati rice and roasted vine cherry tomatoes.
Recipe created by Carrington chef Jean-Luc Venard.
Look out for new recipes every month in the latest issue of ManC - the official magazine of MCFC.