What the media says about Manchester City on 11 January 2013 - Manchester City FC

Accessibility links

Access other Manchester City products

What the MEDIA says finished
Season 2012/13

Transfer Window: Day Eleven

  • 11 January 2013 08:25
  • Posted by @mccarthy_mcfc

We may have moved on from his new hairstyle, but Mario Balotelli is back in the headlines this morning with links to yet another Serie A side.

According to this morning’s Guardian, City would be willing to accept an offer in the region of £24 million from AC Milan for the striker.

“That equates to the fee City paid in 2010 for Balotelli to Internazionale, who have first refusal on the player,” writes Jamie Jackson.

“There is a sense that the comments from Berlusconi, Milan's owner, about Balotelli potentially having a detrimental effect on the club's changing room may not represent the view of Massimiliano Allegri, the head coach, or other key members of the Rossoneri's management.

Mario

“Although Mancini continues to admire Balotelli's talent and holds out hope that the 22-year-old could become one of Europe's premier strikers, were Milan – or any club – to make an offer near City's valuation, he could be sold.”

Elsewhere, the BBC picks up on the news we brought you yesterday that City youngster Alex Nimely has joined Crystal Palace on loan until the end of the season.

“The Liberia-born 21-year-old, who has made two appearances for City, had spells at Middlesbrough and Coventry last season,” reports BBC Sport.

city eds

“Eagles manager Ian Holloway told the club website:  ‘"I've admired him for a couple of years. I like his movement, skill and his tenacity.”’

Of course our weekly ‘loan watch,’ feature will keep you up to date with how Alex and all of our loan stars progress this season.

Finally, Blues midfielder Gareth Barry has been speaking about his desire to end City’s 37-year run without a league win at Arsenal.

“The midfielder is determined to pick up a positive result on Sunday, with the Premier League champions having failed to win at the home of the Gunners since 1975,” reports Oliver Wheeler of goal.com.

barry celebration

“Barry believes that City now have the firepower to end a run which has seen them unable to score a single goal in their last six visits to Arsene Wenger's team.

“However, the former Aston Villa man recognises that the game will be no walk over, having been part of a City squad that struggled to a 1-1 draw at home to Arsenal earlier in the campaign.”

 

Like this? Share it.

Balotelli

Get Balotelli's Shirt!

Team News

hart
St George's Day: Image gallery

Wed 23 Apr 2014, 3:05PM

Article

This site uses cookies. By clicking allow you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Allow