What the media says about Manchester City on 19 March 2013 - Manchester City FC

Accessibility links

Access other Manchester City products

Close



Continue to mcfc.co.uk

Continue to mcfc.co.uk
What the MEDIA says finished
Season 2012/13

Summer exits for Yaya and Sinclair?

  • 20 March 2013 08:51
  • Posted by @porter_mcfc

Another day, another set of transfer stories in this morning’s press reports.

Yaya Toure is ready to leave City in the summer, sparking interest from a number of top European clubs – according to the Sun.

yaya

The paper’s Anthony Kastrinakis writes: “The Ivorian midfielder is fuming that talks over a new deal have stalled for six months.

“And Toure’s agent, Dimitri Seluk, last night admitted: ‘If he signs a contract in the next three or four says, OK. If not, we will not wait any longer and will start negotiations with different clubs.’

“The former Barcelona ace, 29, is City’s top earner on £220,000 a week.

“But Seluk insists he has not asked for a pay rise and the dispute centres around the club’s delaying tactics.”

Elsewhere, there is more talk of summer exits from the Daily Mirror, who report that Aston Villa and Everton will attempt to prise Scott Sinclair away from the Etihad Stadium.

sinclair

The winger moved to City from Swansea last summer, but has not been a regular starter for the Blues.

“Sinclair more than quadrupled his £10,000-a-week salary when he quit the Welsh club last August, but he has made just two League starts for Roberto Mancini,” writes James Nursey.

“Of his 12 appearances in all competitions, nine have been as a substitute.

“Sinclair, who played for Great Britain in last summer's Olympics, is now poised to consider his future this summer.

“Villa and Everton are among a clutch of Premier League clubs who rate him and Villa, if they avoid relegation, could steal a march on the Merseysiders, whose manager David Moyes' future is up in the air.”

Remember, we’ll be the first to bring you any official transfer news on mcfc.co.uk!

Finally, Sergio Aguero is set to return to England today after leaving the Argentina squad. The striker hasn’t featured for City since the victory over Chelsea last month after suffering a knee injury.

Goal.com reports: “The 24-year-old met up with the Argentina squad on Monday, but Alejandro Sabella’s medical staff deemed it unwise to risk him in the upcoming World Cup qualifying double-header against Venezuela and Bolivia.

“Ezequiel Lavezzi is expected to replace Aguero in the Argentina starting line-up, alongside Lionel Messi and Gonzalo Higuain.”

You can catch up with which City stars have gone where during this international break here.

Like this? Share it.

Tickets

Neutral

City v Wigan

FA Cup with Budweiser

Sat, 11 May 2013 17:15:00 GMT

Ticketing

This site uses cookies. By clicking allow you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Allow