What the media says about Manchester City on 7 May 2013 - Manchester City FC

Accessibility links

Access other Manchester City products

Close



Continue to mcfc.co.uk

Continue to mcfc.co.uk
What the MEDIA says finished
Season 2012/13

Atletico Madrid midfielder on City's radar?

  • 07 May 2013 08:59
  • Posted by @porter_mcfc

City have added another name to the summer shopping list from Atletico Madrid, according to this morning’s reports.

His surname makes for a teasing headline, but Oliver Torres is an 18-year-old midfield starlet and the Daily Mail reports that City scouts have been watching him recently.  

The paper’s Simon Jones writes: “Torres, a Spain U21 international, is rated at around £8m and Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool have also watched him.

“City are also showing interest in Velez Sarsfield right-back Gino Peruzzi. The 20-year-old Argentina international, who can also play on the wing, impressed scouts in last year's Copa Libertadores. Inter Milan are also interested.

Remember, we’ll be the first for any confirmed signings on mcfc.co.uk!

Meanwhile, tonight’s home clash with West Brom is also high on the media agenda and Pablo Zabaleta is keen for all three points to help secure a second-place finish.

pablo

A win against the Baggies would ensure that only vanquished FA Cup semi-final opponents, Chelsea, would be a threat to the Blues’ aspirations of finishing second, with two games remaining.

“It’s not the same finishing third or fourth,” Zaba told the Daily Telegraph.

“We want to keep winning to make sure we get second place. Then we can turn our focus to Wembley. Hopefully winning [on Tuesday] will give us momentum for such an important game. Winning gives you confidence and makes you stronger.”

City’s representative in the PFA Team of the Year, the defender added that every player will be aiming to impress Roberto Mancini as the fight for starting berths on Saturday intensifies.

He added: “They are a good team and when they play the top teams it’s always important for them to win and come out strong. 

"As far as we are concerned, we will all be playing for places at Wembley. Every single player will want to show the manager that they want to play in that game.”

...Pablo Zabaleta...

On the other side, Baggies boss Steve Clark has called for his players to respond to their defeat at the weekend with a good performance at the home of the Blues.

His side lost 3-2 to relegation-threatened Wigan on Saturday.

Clarke is quoted in the Daily Mirror as saying: “We’re ­determined to go and make up for the Wigan result. It’s a good game against the champions of last season.

“There is no pressure on us – people don’t expect us to get a good result there.”

Get down to the Etihad Stadium to watch the action unfold, or stick with mcfc.co.uk for full build up and match coverage.

Free upgrades for Wembley send-off

For the forthcoming Barclays Premier League game against West Bromwich Albion on Tuesday 7 May, supporters who hold concession seasoncards, can enjoy a free upgrade. This enables those junior seasoncards to be used by an adult for no extra charge.

It presents an ideal opportunity to use any Seasoncards which may not be used during school term, and to see the Blues in the final league game before setting off for Wembley.

Tickets are still available for the WBA home game, which can be bought online at www.mcfc.co.uk/tickets or by phone on 0161 444 1894 (24 hour).


Tickets

Home

City v West Brom

Barclays Premier League

Tue, 07 May 2013 19:45:00 GMT

Ticketing

This site uses cookies. By clicking allow you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Allow