MEN: Time to end Hart attack
- 16 September 2013 08:58
- Posted by @dclayton_mcfc
Joe Hart has spent the past 12 months under the scrutiny of the nation’s Press with his every move under the microscope - and the England No.1 has had his fair share of critics, too.
But three clean sheets out of four in the Premier League and two more for England last week suggest it’s time to leave Joe alone and let him to get on with what he does best – as highlighted by Stuart Brennan in the Manchester Evening News.
“The City keeper was in fine form to ensure the Blues returned from the Britannia Stadium with a point on Saturday to add to two shut-outs on England duty and another against Hull before the international break.
“And his pal Milner believes he is providing the perfect answer to the snipers who have questioned his displays for club and country so far this season.
‘Harty has been brilliant,’ said Milner. ‘He has been getting a bit of criticism but has been doing his talking on the field.
'It’s good to see, and I’m sure that kind of form will continue. He is improving all the time because he is still young in goalkeeping terms.’”
Meanwhile, with City facing Viktoria Plzen tomorrow evening, Stevan Jovetic is looking forward to a productive first Champions League campaign with the Blues.
The Montenegrin striker is quoted on Goal.com this morning with Tom Etherington writing: “Jovetic says Manchester City are determined to progress from the Champions League group stages this season.
“The Montenegro international was one of the high-profile stars to move to the Etihad Stadium this summer in a £23.3 million switch from Fiorentina.
“And Jovetic feels this season's squad is strong enough to make it out of the group stages after two disappointing exits.
‘We can definitely compete for our targets (which are) the Premier League title and to go as far as possible in the Champions League.’”
We’ll know more tomorrow evening…