Jovetic in-line for Carrow Road start?
- 06 February 2014 07:42
- Posted by @NieldyMCFC
The media begin to turn their attentions to City’s trip to Norwich on Saturday as we get set for another big weekend in the Premier League title race.
Daniel McDonnell believes “with Sergio Aguero out for a month, Alvaro Negredo not yet fully fit after a shoulder injury and Edin Dzeko inconsistent, the 24-year-old will be handed his chance.”
The Montenegrin star has enjoyed a handful of lively cameos, including netting at White Hart Lane, since his return from injury, but has yet to make a start since September.
The report goes on to quote the City star:
"I'm very happy now. It's been a long time that I was injured. Now I'm back on the pitch and able to help the guys.
"It's much easier when you play and score goals. But unfortunately for me it's not been a good way to start. But you have to stay calm and believe in yourself, like I did.
"I know I can do so many good things for this club. I hope I will show that in the last four months until the end."
"There was also Real Madrid, but I chose City," he said. "I decided to come here because this is a major project with many players. I should have come here the year before, but I had a nice season with Fiorentina."
Elsewhere, the Manchester Evening News report that City target Fernando may sacrifice his place in Portugal’s World Cup squad at this summer’s tournament in Brazil to ensure his much-speculated move to Manchester goes through.
“The 26-year-old midfielder saw his hopes of joining City in the last transfer window dashed as the two clubs failed to agree on a price for the Brazilian-born midfielder.
“Sources in Portugal claim that Fernando has signed a pre-contract agreement with City which would see him move to the Etihad Stadium at he end of his current contract, which expires in June, although City would not confirm or deny.
“But Porto have tried to pressure the player into signing a new deal by threatening to leave him out of the team, and train alone, unless he puts pen to paper on a new deal.
“They wanted to make him one of the highest paid players at the club by handing him a £2.5million signing-on fee and a contract worth £41,000 a week, but Fernando is said to have made up his mind that he wants to move to Manchester in the summer.”
Here Is The City provide a profile on alleged City target Jonathan Tah. The promising Hamburg defender is reported as being a potential £6m acquisition for the Blues but contractual complexities may hinder any move:
“Goal claim that Manchester City are planning a £6 million move for him and are trying to stop Hamburg inserting the minimum fee release clause. The whole contract situation is a rather confusing one. It is made worse by the fact the player's father is planning on taking his agent, Akeem Adewunmi to court. He believes he is not acting in the best interests of his son.”
Not a huge amount to get your teeth into today, but we’ll be back tomorrow morning with all the headlines concerning City ahead of the Norwich clash.
City take on Sunderland in the Premier League on Wednesday 12 February in what will be a dress rehearsal for the Capital One Cup Final in March.
Can the Blues avenge the Stadium of Light defeat earlier this season? A night match under the lights at the Etihad and a preview of the forthcoming final - demand is expected to be high.
Don't miss out - ticket details can be found here...