What the media says about Manchester City 25 May 2014 - Manchester City FC

Accessibility links

Access other Manchester City products

Close



Continue to mcfc.co.uk

Continue to mcfc.co.uk
What the MEDIA says finished
Season 2013/14

Sunday Times: City offered Fabregas

  • 25 May 2014 08:53
  • Posted by @porter_mcfc

The transfer rumour machine continues to turn apace in this morning’s media, with another selection of stories ahead of the window opening.

Both sides of Madrid are hogging plenty of headlines this morning after the Champions League final, but the Sunday Times have made room for Barcelona – claiming City are one of three Premier League sides to have been offered the chance to sign Cesc Fabregas.

Writes Duncan Castles: “Barcelona are prepared to sell Cesc Fabregas for about £40m and believe they can secure a Premier League buyer for the Spain midfielder at that price. Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal have all been offered the player.

“While Fabregas rejected Manchester United's uncharacteristically public efforts to bring him back from Catalonia last year, he is understood to have grown weary of criticism of his contribution to a Barcelona season without major silverware and is exploring options away from the Nou Camp.

“His status as a home-grown player for UEFA and Premier League squad purposes adds to the attraction for the elite English clubs.”

Meanwhile, back to Madrid, and the Mirror’s Dave Kidd suggests Ashley Cole could be tempted by Champions League football at the Etihad Stadium – but only if Real pass him up.

Thanks, Dave?

Kidd reports: “Ashley Cole wants a ­two-year deal at a Champions League club – with Real Madrid, Liverpool and Manchester City all interested.

“Cole, 33, is determined to prove he can still cut it at the highest level of European football following his release by Chelsea.

“Real Madrid would be his most attractive option both ­financially and professionally, but Cole’s representatives are waiting for the dust to settle on last night’s Champions League Final before making a move.”

Hmm, this one definitely has the potential to turn into a bit of a saga – depending on how long Madrid’s dust plans to circulate I suppose!

Finally, Mario Balotelli could make a shock return to the Premier League but City is not a likely destination – if a report in the Daily Mail is to be believed.

Which I’m sure for many Blues doesn’t make pleasant reading over your morning Cornflakes, for which I must apologise.

T

Reports Rob Shepherd: “Mario Balotelli is set to return to the Barclays Premier League next season with Arsenal and Liverpool likely destinations.

“Arsenal are in talks with Real Madrid to sign Karim Benzema but will talk to Balotelli’s ‘people’.

"Liverpool will move in for Balotelli if Luis Suarez is lured away to Real Madrid or Barcelona after the World Cup.”

Of course, this is all just paper talk and we’ll be first with any confirmed deals this summer right here on mcfc.co.uk!

Well, that’s your lot for today, but join us tomorrow for another round of rumours…

Like this? Share it.

Champions 2014 magazine on sale!

This site uses cookies. By clicking allow you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Allow