The Eastlands Regeneration Framework
A Regeneration Framework was prepared which set out the future vision for Eastlands. The aim was to continue the transformation of the area, build on the immense success of the 2002 Commonwealth Games and all that has happened since.
This Framework was approved by Manchester City Council’s Executive Committee on 13 July 2011 following consultation with the local community.
The wider ambitions for Eastlands are to:
- Expand a world class sports destination
- Introduce commercial leisure facilities
- Capitalise on regeneration investment
- Support Manchester’s Green City initiatives
- Help create a distinctive sense of place
- Deliver improved social and economic outcomes